Skip to Content

DVC

DVC

Write Brand Website

Developer Notes 08/23

Hello, this is Team Leader Lee from the Dragon Village Collection development team. Today, unlike before, it’s me, not PPD, who will be greeting the Tamers and sharing game information with you.

I’d like to share details about the recent permanent activation of the Goblin Market and the direction of limited event dragons, as well as update you on the development progress of the Dragon Slayer update, the final chapter of the Sky Kingdom story, which will be released on August 29.

The Return of the Goblin Market

On August 14, the Goblin Market reopened once again. Many Tamers enthusiastically enjoyed the market. As mentioned, the Goblin Market will return every three months, and you can always check the Goblin Market area in the Square.

Given the scale of the content, there were also several areas of concern. The first is related to abuse. With the permanent activation of the Goblin Market, many Tamers likely wanted to gather as many Drinks as possible to acquire dragons that are usually difficult to obtain. As a result, instances of transferring Drinks through multiple accounts have become more frequent. Please note that this behavior violates the Dragon Village Collection’s terms of service and policies and may result in penalties without prior notice. We kindly ask all Tamers to avoid engaging in such activities.

Next is the issue of "last-minute bidding." The bidding method in this Goblin Market essentially turned into a competition to bid at the exact closing time. Many Tamers felt this was unfair, so we plan to improve the system by extending the auction closing time if a bid is placed near the end.

Ultimately, the Goblin Market was introduced as a tool to make collection easier for all Tamers. Allowing dragons that would typically require Diamonds or time to obtain to be acquired with in-game currency alone is, from the game company's perspective, akin to forgoing revenue. Nevertheless, we enabled this so that even those who haven't spent any money can acquire any dragon they desire with minimal restrictions, as the fundamental essence of Dragon Village Collection lies in being a collection game. Preserving this essence is crucial for maintaining a stable user base and service over time. Therefore, while some restrictions are necessary, the goal of making all dragons tradable was something we could not abandon. In the end, we believe that the supply and demand for limited dragons in the Goblin Market were maintained appropriately within our expectations.

Regarding Limited Dragons

Tara

Celsior

I have carefully reviewed your feedback regarding the “Tara” from the recent Lantern Festival event and the event egg “Celsior.” To start with the conclusion, it was my mistake not to anticipate your reactions.

Despite being a limited-time event, the Lantern Festival saw many participants who could not obtain even one special appearance of Tara, and although the event egg was a paid dragon priced at 440 Diamonds, like the Adventure Dragons, it had no second-generation special appearance and couldn’t be traded in any form. Both of these content pieces ended up being unsatisfactory for both free-to-play and paying players. Especially regarding event rewards, I realize that I’ve caused further disappointment, particularly because I’ve previously mentioned related matters in the developer’s notes.

Therefore, events will be designed so that, as I’ve mentioned before, by consistently participating, players can earn the special appearance of the event dragon through free rewards alone. We will also introduce an event dragon egg box that only a select few can obtain. Additionally, we will strive to bring more creativity to event planning to make the events feel more like events.

For paid dragons sold in-game, excluding the Monthly Egg, the special appearances and trade status will be maintained in the same manner as the previously sold paid dragon, “Phlegon.”

I sincerely apologize once again to all Tamers, and I will ensure that the improvements mentioned above are implemented starting next month.

Season 3 Sky Kingdom Dragon Slayer Update

On August 29, the Lair of the Dead content will be fully updated. As you progress through the main story, the deeper part of the Lair of the Dead will unlock. Tamers will need to use the Divine Power they’ve accumulated to place up to 10 dragons and seal away the final boss of the Sky Kingdom, the "Dragon Slayer." The deeper part of the Lair of the Dead can be accessed for free once per day, with additional entries available using Diamonds.

The Extreme difficulty of the Harbingers of Death will also be unlocked, allowing you to obtain a larger quantity of Divine Stones and a higher chance of acquiring dragon eggs. In Extreme difficulty, the boss’s health is unlimited, so you can deal as much damage as you can, showcasing your strength.

The "Dragon Slayer" has three powerful patterns, and you’ll need to prepare your Divine Power accordingly to deal significant damage. The "Dragon Slayer" is only available in Extreme mode. As with the Harbingers of Death, rewards will be given based on the amount of damage dealt, with a rare chance to obtain the eggs of "Dragon Slayer" and "Cherubim."

In particular, the special appearance of the "Dragon Slayer," known as the "Berserk Form," comes with the special action "Power of Death," which can turn a specific dragon into an undead with a 100% success rate. The "Berserk Form" egg of the "Dragon Slayer" can be obtained at a very rare rate after battle or guaranteed in an untradeable state after 100 attempts in the deeper part of the Lair of the Dead.

In Closing...

That’s all the information I have for you today. The developer’s note will return with details on the September update. Just to give you a little sneak peek, we’re preparing two major features: a function to showcase your dragons in a large square and new guild content. Please look forward to these updates. 

Thank you, as always, for your love and support for Dragon Village Collection.

Sincerely, 

Team Leader Lee, Dragon Village Collection Development Team

Notice Post

Browser Guide

The community is optimized for the latest browsers.
We recommend using the browsers below for the best experience.

• Chrome
  • Firefox
  • Safari
  • Edge

Some functions of the site may be limited due to the service termination of Internet Explorer (IE).

Title
Writer
Please select a reason.
기본 메세지 팝업 샘플 입니다.