Skip to Content

Light of the Stars

Light of the Stars

Write

Apology Letter for Current Service Issues

Hello, commanders!

I'm GM Tia from Light of the Stars.

I sincerely apologize to all the commanders who have experienced inconvenience due to the ongoing server overload causing network instability since the official opening, as well as the occurrence of unauthorized third party programs that undermine fairness.

Furthermore, despite some disappointing developments, I express my heartfelt gratitude to the many commanders who have consistently trusted and waited for the Light of the Stars.

As we believe that we should not deceive our commanders who have trusted and waited for us, we would like to clarify the causes and current situation of the phenomena that have occurred so far and provide honest guidance.

【Server Instability】

The reason for the server instability that occurred with the official opening was due to our mistakes on pre-settings of numerous contents, resulting in an increase in content data every time an account was created, affecting not only the content but also the server functionality.

It is sincerely regrettable and apologetic that the diligent preparation process intended to present a better appearance unexpectedly led to a discomforting experience.

Regarding this issue, we have gradually adjusted the excessively set contents to a level that the server can handle through staged opening settings and increased the server's data capacity, followed by additional overload testing. As a result, the server condition has significantly improved compared to before, with no loading indication shown, and the server CPU usage rate confirmed to be stable.

Furthermore, even after applying it to the live server, it has been confirmed that the server operates stably even with a higher number of connections than initially causing instability. Although it is quite belated, I am pleased to inform commanders that the server has stabilized now.

【Review of Unauthorized Data Manipulation Programs】

Since the report from Commander [소소**] on April 19th at 23:23 (UTC+9), our operations team has strengthened server-wide monitoring to accurately assess the situation and secured the program by confirming its source around 3 AM on the 20th.

First of all, I sincerely thank the many commanders who provided active reports for the prompt resolution of the issue. While analyzing the operation method of the program and studying response strategies and developing defense measures as a top priority, discussions were held on what actions we need to take together to fully restore the situation, such as restoring server ranking display and initial records.

During this process, restrictions were immediately applied to individuals undermining the fair environment of Light of the Stars. The first measures were taken to delete the clear videos and rankings of those individuals. However, it is with a heavy sense of responsibility and deep regret that I express my apologies for causing discomfort to commanders for more than a day due to additional errors discovered and the continued occurrence of individuals using unauthorized programs.

Therefore, through this maintenance, the following updates have been implemented:

① A new update to block access when unauthorized programs are used

※ We ask for your understanding that we cannot provide detailed guidance on how it operates to prevent further issues.

※ We will continue to take actions to users of such programs without giving up to ensure fairness.

② Blocking IP addresses not from countries where official service is available

※ I apologize to commanders using overseas IPs for the inconvenience caused during this process. This is a temporary update, and we are internally considering ways to assist commanders who are using the service normally.

③ Deletion of records and replays by restricted users

※ We will take similar actions in the future if similar situations arise.

④ Restoration of records for commanders whose arena scores were incorrectly displayed

※ We sincerely apologize for any unintended dishonor and have provided individual compensation.

Despite the trust that commanders have placed in us since the official opening, we feel a heavy sense of responsibility for the limited time they have been able to enjoy Light of the Stars comfortably.

Therefore, with a heavy heart, but with the intention of quickly dispelling any sadness and allowing commanders to enjoy the game more comfortably, we have prepared the following gift from the Light of the Stars operations team:

[Apology Gift]

• - 3,000 Blackstone Crystals
    - 10 Random SSR Hero’s Shard Box
    - 10 Crystal Sphere of Revelation
    - 400 Convictions
    - 200,000 Neikiro Silver Coins
    - 6 Incense of Shadow Star
  •  
  • Apology Gift is available to receive from 04/21(Sun) KST 14:20 ~ 04/28(Sun) 23:59 (UTC+9)

※ Please note that you must log in to the game during the period in order to receive the gift via mail.

Thank you.

Comment 6

0/3000

Browser Guide

The community is optimized for the latest browsers.
We recommend using the browsers below for the best experience.

• Chrome
  • Firefox
  • Safari
  • Edge

Some functions of the site may be limited due to the service termination of Internet Explorer (IE).

Title
Writer
Please select a reason.
기본 메세지 팝업 샘플 입니다.